Weekly Round Up #27 : The one where I laugh at myself for thinking I will be caught up



Here's my weekly roundup. I'm linking to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer and #IMWAYR hosted by Kathryn at the Book Date.


badge

Please leave a link to your blog (if you have one) in your comment or make sure your Disqus profile has your address so that I can visit you back! 


I don't know how I thought I'd be all caught up with blogging this week. It's actually laughable!

Being on 'holiday' actually leaves me with less free time than usual as each day is filled with catching up with friends and people I haven't seen in ages as well as being a single mom for the duration and keeping the three year old entertained all the time without the comforts of home like her fail safe toys and regular activities.

The library has been a lifesaver with some really great kids books and activities for her to do up there in the day time (I should really attempt to take my laptop up there one day!) and next week there's Easter crafts hosted there on Tuesday which should be lots of fun! I've also volunteered to help so wish me luck!

What I read last week:

Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince


I managed to finish a re-read of The Half Blood Prince. I was trying to listen to the entire thing on audio but I caved at about 75% and read the rest - I was too impatient! I do love the Stephen Fry narration though and I will try to listen to a lot of The Deathly Hallows. 

What I am currently reading:



The KingmakerRed Winter
23168406

I'm busy reading review copies of Red Winter and The Kingmaker and I'm also trying to hit Rogue off the backlist although I haven't really managed to look at it too much!

Up Next:

Dream Me

I'll either make a start on a review copy OR I'll start on my Court of Thorns and Roses re-read in anticipation of the new release coming on the 2nd of May.... I am trying hard to hold off on the re-reads though so that I can go straight from them into the next book.... It's going to be tough! 

New Arrivals:

Nothing new on the review stack yet but I did line up something for next week!!! Oops... I'm supposed to be steering clear for a while longer.


And that's my week! How did yours go?

Comments

Recent Reads:

Graceling
The Broken Destiny
Adulthood Is a Myth: A
Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy
Throne of Jade
Oxford Roald Dahl Dictionary
Starlight
Stress-Free Potty Training: A Commonsense Guide to Finding the Right Approach for Your Child
Moonbreeze
Redefining Girly: How Parents Can Fight the Stereotyping and Sexualizing of Girlhood, from Birth to Tween
Frostbite
Thunderlight
Firebolt
Amanzimtoti: The Ridge
The Curse of the Bruel Coven
Buzz Books 2016: Young Adult Fall/Winter
The Crown
A Court of Mist and Fury
Cruel Crown
A Court of Thorns and Roses


Di's favorite books »