It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 22nd August 2016



badge

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a weekly meme hosted by Kathryn at the Book Date and is a great chance to interact and of course to add to your TBR list (because it's never long enough!). 







Hi everyone! I hope you all have a fantastic week ahead. Still travelling here and I'm currently doing it alone with a two year old, so blogging is a little tricky! 

I've been doing the Epic Reads #ReadingDecathlon for the past 4 days. I'm only 3 books down though so I have some catching up to do! 


What I read last week:


2905608323591684Yellowwp med.jpg
I finally got to Harry Potter and the Cursed Child! My review will be up this week. I'm not even sure what to say about it but I did enjoy it a lot. 

Venom is a Dragonian Novelette (I read this series in June after getting the first book from Netgalley) and The Yellow Wallpaper is a short story published in 1892 and is about a woman's descent into madness and is a protest against the medical and professional oppression against women at the time. I will not be posting full reviews on these but I'm glad that I picked them up, particularly The Yellow Wallpaper as this is an eye opening and creepy little story that is well worth the time. 

What I am currently reading:


2680374625494343

I didn't exactly read in order this last week (because...... Harry Potter! Need I say more?) so I managed to finish my 'Up Next' and last weeks 'Current Reads' are still on the same shelf. I'm just over halfway through Lady Midnight and I'm loving it! These Dark Wings was a slightly slow started for me but I'm actually thoroughly enjoying it now that I'm about 30% through.

Up next:

23653469
I'll be reading Elora of Stone next on my list. It's one that I was contacted about via Netgalley and I'm excited to give it a try. 

What are you reading this week?

Comments

Recent Reads:

Graceling
The Broken Destiny
Adulthood Is a Myth: A
Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy
Throne of Jade
Oxford Roald Dahl Dictionary
Starlight
Stress-Free Potty Training: A Commonsense Guide to Finding the Right Approach for Your Child
Moonbreeze
Redefining Girly: How Parents Can Fight the Stereotyping and Sexualizing of Girlhood, from Birth to Tween
Frostbite
Thunderlight
Firebolt
Amanzimtoti: The Ridge
The Curse of the Bruel Coven
Buzz Books 2016: Young Adult Fall/Winter
The Crown
A Court of Mist and Fury
Cruel Crown
A Court of Thorns and Roses


Di's favorite books »