Weekly Round Up #40 : The One Where it's the end of July


Here's my weekly roundup. I'm linking to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer and #IMWAYR hosted by Kathryn at the Book Date.

 The Sunday Post Meme

Please leave a link to your blog (if you have one) in your comment or make sure your Disqus profile has your address so that I can visit you back! 

I try to link all book covers to Goodreads or to my review (if there is one) which is in turn linked to Goodreads.


It's the end of July already and this week will see the beginning of August. It's cliche - but where the heck is the year going?

I managed to get through quite a lot of catch up on my blog this past week which was nice. I had so many blogs to visit and comments to reply to that I felt swamped but getting it done felt soooo good! There's still a few blogs that I'm behind on and people I want to visit but I am hoping to feel on top of that this coming week and I may even be able to schedule a few posts in advance which would be super organised of me.

I also managed to finish three books this week which is an amazing reading week for me. Unfortunately one of them wasn't a great read for me but the other two were four stars each. It's definitely helped me get back on top of my reading pile and ARC list but I still need to be super careful about requests since I desperately want to keep going through my backlist! I can't NOT continue with the Shades of Magic series after that first book. :)

What I read last week:

Blood and StarsBonecallerA Darker Shade of Magic
Blood and Stars was a great continuation of the series. 
Bonecaller unfortunately just wasn't for me although I really wanted to love it. I'll leave a review on GR but I won't be reviewing that one for my blog.
A Darker Shade of Magic was amazing - why haven't I read these books yet?

What I am currently reading:


Mask Of ShadowsA Gathering of Shadows

I just opened Mask of Shadows last night and I will be starting A Gathering of Shadows this week.

Up Next:

 Prisoner of Ice and SnowYou Don't Know My Name
I'm excited for my review copy of Prisoner of Ice and Snow and You Don't Know My Name will be a buddy read with my #Squad

New Arrivals:

Red Blood
Red Blood is book 2 in the Series of Blood books and I'm excited to have it on my review stack! 

In Case You Missed It:





And that's my week! How did yours go?

Recent Reads:

Graceling
The Broken Destiny
Adulthood Is a Myth: A
Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy
Throne of Jade
Oxford Roald Dahl Dictionary
Starlight
Stress-Free Potty Training: A Commonsense Guide to Finding the Right Approach for Your Child
Moonbreeze
Redefining Girly: How Parents Can Fight the Stereotyping and Sexualizing of Girlhood, from Birth to Tween
Frostbite
Thunderlight
Firebolt
Amanzimtoti: The Ridge
The Curse of the Bruel Coven
Buzz Books 2016: Young Adult Fall/Winter
The Crown
A Court of Mist and Fury
Cruel Crown
A Court of Thorns and Roses


Di's favorite books »